PM will decide to increase lockdown : Farhad Hossain
Shafiqul Islam (Shafiq)
State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain said he had in mind the Department of Health’s recommendation to extend the ongoing ban for another 10 days after August 5 to prevent the spread of the corona virus. However, he said the Prime Minister would decide the overall issue. The state minister for public administration said these at noon on Saturday (July 31). Last Friday, the Director General of the Department of Health, Prof. ABM Khurshid Alam has recommended extending the ongoing strict restrictions for another 10 days.
He said, the way the infection is growing, how are we going to handle it? Where to place patients? Is it possible to handle the situation if the infection continues to grow like this? There is no doubt that the situation will be worse. With these considerations in mind, we have recommended increasing the restrictions.
Asked about these, the state minister for public administration said, that (recommendation) is definitely in our heads. Cause we have to coordinate everything. That’s why we say take a moment. I will clarify this issue on 3rd or 4th August. He said the export-oriented factories will be opened from today (August 1). Those who are only in around Dhaka and the factory, they will do the work until the 5th August. Then we will decide in it, what will happen after the 5th?
Asked what will happen after the 5th, he said it has not been decided yet. The Prime Minister will announce the decision. We will take action in that regard.
But the factory workers have started returning to Dhaka without following the hygiene rules. When the state minister’s attention was drawn to this issue, he said, “We have cleared the matter in the meeting on Friday.” The owners promised in the meeting that they will start this activity only with those who are only in Dhaka no one will lose their job. The labors will return after the 5th august in phases, not at all. In this case, however, there is no risk of pruning.
BGMEA President Farooq Hasan also said this in an interview. They made it clear that no one needed to panic. No one will be trimmed here. We will tell you how they will gradually come after the 5th, said the state minister for public administration.
Asked if there would be any restrictions after the 5th august, he said, I will not be able to say exactly what it will be. We should not say that. Considering the situation, there are various proposals in consultation with everyone, considering how we can control this infection, our main goal. Running our activities, which are absolutely essential?
It would be better to do that, so we will take a little more time. Asked whether public transport would be launched in that case, he said, we have no instructions so far on what will happen in this regard.