PM issues 31-point directives to DCs
DHAKA, – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today issued 31- point directives to the deputy commissioners (DCs).
The prime minister gave the directives while inaugurating the five-day DCs Conference-2019 at the Prime Minister’s Office here. Following are the directives:
1. Remain alert so that people do not become victims of harassment and deprivation in receiving government services.
2. Perform responsibilities more carefully and strictly for maintaining peace-discipline and stability in all spheres of the life by eliminating militancy, terrorism and communalism.
3. Take all necessary steps to continue the drives against narcotics to save the youths from the menace.
4. Create massive mass awareness to prevent production, transportation and marketing of adulterated food and curb the unethical acts with iron hands.
5. Give importance to round-the-clock monitoring of market system and give consumer rights to an institutional shape and curb any efforts to create an
artificial crisis in market with iron hands.
6. Ensure proper legal steps for stopping violence, torture and hostile attitude against women and checking woman and child trafficking.
7. Work with responsibilities for freeing social menaces like woman and child repression and trafficking, dowry, eve-teasing and early marriage.
8. Remain vigilant about protecting government land by increasing transparency and efficiency in land administration and management.
9. Raise mass awareness about protecting environment and ensure proper enforcement of laws and rules related to it.
10. Take strict steps for maintaining peace in industrial zone and making uninterrupted transportation of goods and export-import and eliminating muscle power, extortion, tender manipulation and terrorism.
11. Take all necessary measures for smooth supply of fertilizers, seeds, electricity and fuel etc in boosting agriculture production.
12. Take special measures for the welfare of the disabled and autistic people and disadvantageous communities.
13. Work together with public representatives in establishing good governance at the grassroots level.
14. Take a motto for development of rural infrastructure and flourishing potential small and medium scale industries as well as alleviating poverty through generating employment.
15. Make effective the village courts for providing justice to common people easily and reduce case backlog at the courts.
16. Give a strong leadership for development and flourishing information and communication technology (ICT) and encourage the common people of the
district in using the ICT for daily need.
17. Take steps for raising female education rate at all levels, reducing the rate of leaving schools by the students and bringing back the dropped out
students to the mainstream.
18. Strengthen further the activities of the community clinics in order to ensure healthcare services for the poor and underprivileged communities.
19. Take right steps at right time to mitigate natural disasters as per the Disaster Management Law, 2012 and permanent directives related to the law.
20. The deputy commissioners perform their responsibilities as a head of different committees at the district level. So these committees will have to
be active, dynamic and fruitful.
21. Gear up the activities like arranging Information Fair and observing Service Week to reach the existing services of the offices to the grassroots.
22. Ensure scope of education, sports, entertainment and creative cultural activities for fulfilling the nutrition demand of the children and juveniles and their physical and mental growth. Awaken the spirit of the liberation
war, sense of culture and science mindedness among the children and juveniles.
23. Alongside accelerating development of the hill districts, conserve geo- natural characteristics, forests, rivers-waterbodies, animal resources and beauty of alpines of the region. Extend allout cooperation to flourish tourism industry, small and medium size industries and traditional cottage industry.
24. Take necessary measures for celebration of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 2020 from the central level to grassroots level.
25. Celebrate golden jubilee of independence in 2021 by establishing Sonar Bangla as dreamt by Bangabandhu.
26. Take effective steps for waste management and expand the programme at district, upazila and union levels.
27. Undertake development projects as per the need of the district.
28. Strengthen the local government system by decentralising power and take uplift schemes to fulfill demand and ensure better life of the people.
29. Take initiative for constructing mini stadium for flourishing games and sports.
30. Make arrangements for entertainment of the people and play a role in maintaining communal harmony. Give attention to improve the living standard of the ethnic minority groups and Hijra and Bede communities.
31. Take effective measures for rehabilitation of the landless, homeless and beggars.