3 workers die from toxic gas inhalation in Gazipur

Publish: 12:27 PM, July 9, 2018 | Update: 12:27:PM, July 9, 2018

GAZIPUR  – Three workers died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at a house in Khartoil Purba Bankpara area of Tongi on Monday.

The deceased were identified as Atik, 25 and Shaheen, 28, two sons of Shahidullah of Phulbaria upazila in Mymensingh district and Faruk, 22, son of Zahirul Islam of Rangpur district.

Sub Inspector (SI) of Tongi Thana Ashraful Hasan said Atik lost consciousness after inhaling toxic gas when he get down inside the tank of the house for working there at noon.

After sometimes, Faruk and Shaheen went inside the septic tank for rescuing Atik but unfortunately all of them became sick due to toxic gas inhalation and they lost consciousness, SI said

After getting no response from them, local people informed the matter to local firefighting unit. Later, a firefighting unit rescued them and taken to local hospital where the doctors declared them dead.